Monday, October 27, 2008

The Flu Shot Adventure!

Saturday we ventured out to get our flu shot as a family. Juan is deathly afraid of needles, so getting him to agree to get the flu shot was like pulling teeth. We arrived at the Dr's. office and the nurse advised us that the kids needed to be seen by the Dr. before they were able to get their shots. So, I volunteered Juan to go get his shot while I waited for the kids to see the Dr. and if he got back before we saw the Dr. that I would go and get my shot and he could wait to see the Dr. Well, by the time Juan was done getting his shot, we were with the Dr. The Dr. asked us if any of us had a sore throat, runny nose or fever? I said yes, we all have a runny nose (including Juan). The Dr. immediately said that we could NOT get our shots today and to follow-up in 1 week with our primary Dr.

I could not contain my laughter because after all the hype about getting the flu shot, the only one who got it was the biggest chicken of us all!

On a side note - it has been over 48 hours since Juan got his shot and he refuses to take the bandaid off and said his arm hurts!!!!

No comments: