Sunday, November 16, 2008

She Is Growing Up Too Fast!

While getting ready to go visit Juan's grandparents this morning Mari asked to wear her jewelry. I pulled out her necklace from Abuelo Amado and her bracelet from Tio Gaby. Then she proceeded to ask for earrings. I explained to her that I had no earrings because her ears were not pieced. She then said "I want to get my ears pierced today!" Juan almost fell over with excitement. In his culture it is normal for girls to have their ears pierced when they are babies; but I felt it was unfair to do it until she asked for them to be done.

So today was the day my baby girl had her ears pierced. We walked up to the counter at the Piercing Pagoda and she picked out the earrings she wanted and then sat completely still while they pierced her ears. I was so proud how brave she was - she looked so grown up and did an amazing job and her ears are sparkling!

No comments: